Learn tips and tricks for a successful fundraiser
With GoFundMe, it’s easy to raise funds quickly for the causes you are most passionate about. Donors from all over the world can securely donate using any major credit or debit card. Backed by the GoFundMe Guarantee, GoFundMe is the safest, most secure platform for giving. The GoFundMe Guarantee protects donors’ generosity and ensures funds are sent to the right person.
Signing up is completely free and every donation is yours to keep, whether or not you reach your goal. While it’s free to launch your campaign, fees are deducted from each donation. For more information on our fee structure, check out this helpful article.
Before you get started, here is an overview of what to expect when you start a campaign.
- To get started, just click here to sign up.
- If you’re raising funds for yourself or a friend, you can create a personal campaign. Or, if you’re raising funds for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, you can create a Certified Charity campaign. All funds raised from Certified Charity campaigns are sent directly to the charity and donors receive tax deductible receipts for their donations.
- The process is simple to complete and allows you to create a high quality campaign from your mobile device or computer.
- To create a compelling campaign, make sure to write a thorough campaign description and use high quality photos and videos.
- Don’t forget to customize your campaign link to make it easier to remember! The campaign link is the easiest way for your supporters to locate and donate to your campaign.
- After you have finished creating your campaign, it’s time to start sharing with your friends and family! GoFundMe makes it easy to share your campaign link via social media, emails, and even text messages.
- We completely understand that it may be difficult to ask your friends and family for help. It’s important to note that most of your donations will be from people you personally know or who are familiar with your cause.
- Your friends and family can still share your campaign with their extended networks even if they are unable to donate. This can help you gain more exposure and also establish credibility for your campaign.
- Each time you receive a new donation, you will be notified via email so you can thank your donors.
- To keep donors engaged, we recommend posting frequent updates to your campaign as well.
- For some more inspiration, check out this helpful article that includes 25 tips and tricks for sharing your campaign here
- For US-based campaigns, you can request a withdrawal via bank transfer or check after you receive your first donation. Bank transfers take 2-5 business days to arrive, while checks take 7-10 days to arrive.
- All information entered during the withdrawal process is completely encrypted and locked in monitored databases. Your safety and security is our top priority.
- If you are raising funds on behalf of another individual, you can send them a Beneficiary Invitation that will allow them to personally withdraw all funds raised while you continue managing the campaign on their behalf. They can request a withdrawal via bank transfer or check easily from their mobile device or computer.
- Making a withdrawal does not affect your campaign at all! You will be able to continue accepting funds for as long as you would like, and the “amount raised” shown on your campaign will not be changed. Also, once you request a withdrawal, automatic withdrawals will stay turned on for your account.
- If you are within one of our Stripe supported countries, you can withdraw funds via bank transfer. Withdrawals are processed on a rolling 7-day basis. Once you request a withdrawal, automatic withdrawals will stay turned on for your account. You also have the option to add your beneficiary’s bank account information so they can personally withdraw all funds raised.
No penalties for missing goal
GoFundMe mobile app
No deadlines or goal requirements
Expert Advice, 24/7
Keep every donation you receive